Upgrade Service Terms and Conditions
Last modified 19 January 2024.
1. Introduction By using our service, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. Please read them carefully.
2. Service Description DeckHD Screen Upgrade Service involves upgrading the screen of your Steam Deck at our UK-based service centre. This service includes installing a new DeckHD screen and necessary BIOS updates.
3. Shipping to Service Centre You are responsible for shipping your Steam Deck to our service centre. We recommend using a trackable and insured shipping method. Our service centre's address will be provided upon completion of your order.
4. Liability for Transit We are not liable for any loss or damage that occurs during the transit of your Steam Deck to our service centre. It is your responsibility to ensure that your device is adequately insured during this transit. We will not be responsible for any loss, damage, or additional costs incurred due to shipping issues, including but not limited to loss, theft, or damage in transit.
5. Service Process Upon receipt of your Steam Deck, we will perform the screen upgrade and necessary BIOS updates. We will conduct quality assurance tests to ensure the functionality of the upgrade.
6. Return Shipping We cover the cost of return shipping for your upgraded device. The return shipment will be tracked and insured for the journey back to your address.
7. Optional Return Insurance We offer an optional insurance for the return delivery at an additional cost of £30 GBP. If you choose not to purchase this additional insurance, we will not be liable for any loss or damage to your device once it leaves our service centre.
8. Liability for Device During Upgrade In the unlikely event that your device breaks or incurs damage during the upgrade process, please note that we are not liable for such occurrences. While we take every precaution and handle each device with the utmost care, there is always a minimal risk involved in electronic repairs and upgrades.
9. Warranty Our upgrade service includes a 1-year warranty on the new screen. This warranty does not cover any pre-existing issues with your Steam Deck or issues not related to our upgrade service.
10. Data Protection You are responsible for backing up any data on your Steam Deck before sending it to us. We are not responsible for any loss of data.
11. Changes to Terms We reserve the right to modify these terms at any time. Your continued use of our service following any such changes constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by the terms as modified.
12. Contact Information If you have any questions or concerns about these terms, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. Agreement By using the DeckHD Screen Upgrade Service, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to these terms.